Pipe Welder Job Description:
NSC has an immediate opening for Pipe Welders in Newport News, Virginia. Pipe Welders must obtain welding qualifications in all positions using the SMAW and GTAW process. Also, thin wall sockets required for below 0.187 wall joints. Pipe Welders must have the ability to fuse inserts and weld carbon steel, stainless steel and copper nickel pipe using SMAW and GTAW processes with the ability to mirror the weld.
Pipe Welder Job Requirement:
Must have a minimum of 4 years commercial/naval experience as a pipe welder
Multi-pass. All position fillet and butt welds using the SMAW (Shielded metal arc) process
Ability to fuse inserts and weld carbon steel, stainless steel and copper nickel pipe using the SMAW and GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding) processes
Ability to mirror weld using the SMAW and GTAW processes
Heating - Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch
Experience working in physically demanding environments (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
Ability to properly use fillet gauges, butt gauges, and a six inch scale.
1. All positions using the SMAW and GTAW processes
2. Thin wall sockets (Required for below 0.187 wall joints)
The Welding School will administer tests for the following qualifications:
1. Welders Vision Test (5 Minutes)
2. Visual Inspection of Welds Level I (4 Hours)
3. Pre-heat and Interpass (1 hour)
4. Fire Watch CBT (2 hours)
5. Torch Safety test and practical (3 hours)
6. Welding Qualification tests for: 503, 502, 541, 725, 506, 659, 556, 650, 664 and 557 (Testing will run approximately 2 weeks).
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: ...@nsc-tech.Com
At NSC our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
NSC is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.
Associated topics: burner, fitter, gmaw, grinder, iron, ironworker, metal inert gas, pipeline, rail, railing