May 6, 2020Have an account? Sign in.
Accountemps is looking for an efficient, accurate Staff Accountant to fill a temporary to hire position in Newport News. Responsibilities held by the Staff Accountant include the preparation of monthly and year-end closings, journal entries, fixed asset maintenance, bank reconciliation, general ledger reconciliation, and grant accounting. The majority of time spent will be dedicated to producing Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. You'll also have responsibility over various aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. In addition, your responsibilities include communicating with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, playing an active role in compliance, and reviewing schedules for the reporting processes.
- Assist in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Maintain capital lease and monthly payment schedules
- Prepare complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Offer succinct analysis on a wide variety of financial data and communicate it in a clear and concise manner
- Perform month end close, journal entries with minimum supervision
- Ad-hoc tasks and special projects, as needed
- Carry out fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Prepare monthly balance sheet and income statement analyses for management reporting
- Assist in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
- Participate in various department-wide initiatives
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Foundational knowledge in Microsoft Excel
- Comprehensive knowledge of Government Grants
- Deep understanding of financial reporting
- Grant accounting experience
- Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines
- Self-starter with efficient time management and organizational skills
- Experience with ERP systems
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
- Detailed and have the ability work independently
- Remarkable analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Competent with spreadsheets and databases
- Outstanding organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
- Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. From accounting clerks and bookeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we provide you with access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...